wxedcfg is a Windows program used to create and
edit configuration files. It can be used in place of the
edcfg command line utility.
Sample wxedcfg Window
wxedcfg [cfg file name]
If invoked with a cfg file name wxedcfg will open
that file for editing. Otherwise it will start with a new (empty) configuration
To include a profile for a protocol in a configuration file, click the
corresponding checkbox. The button with the protocol name will be enabled.
Press the button to view the contents of a profile or to edit it.
To edit a value in a profile, click on the value field and an editor for the
value will be displayed.
- Clears all configuration profiles to start a new configuration file.
- Displays an "Open File" dialog box to show and edit the contents of a configuration file.
- Saves the current version of the configuration file.
- Save as...
- Displays a "Save File" dialog box to allow the user to save the current configuration file under a different name.
- Displays an "Open File" dialog box to merge its contents with the
current configuration data. Note that a configuration for a protocol in
the just opened file, overwrites any configuration for the same protocol
in the current file.
- Edit PXS Address List...
- Pack Files into PXS Cfg...
- Extract Files from PXS Cfg...
- These functions are related to the LayGO PXS product and are
explained in the LayGO PXS User's Guide.
- Page Setup...
- Print Setup...
- Print Preview...
- These are the normal print options. You use them to obtain printouts
of the current configuration file.
- Copy Profile
- Copies the configuration profile being displayed to the clipboard
- Paste Profile
- Paste the configuration profile on the clipboard to the file being
edited. Note that it overwrites the data if the profile already existed.
These two options are intended to copy a profile from a configuration file to another one.
Brief help and about dialogs.